Planning Permission has recently been achieved for the conversion of redundant farm buildings into 8 residential units.
In order to achieve planning success it was necessary to demonstrate compliance with a number of key national and local planning policies. We are experienced in these matters and worked closely with the local planning authority.
The ethos behind the scheme was simple;
- The provision of smaller homes at reasonable cost,
- The retention of structures and building elements which still have a useful life,
- A sustainable approach to construction,
- The re-use of buildings which will provide a record of rural life,
- The delivery of an attractive development and setting matched to demand,
- Recognition of the need for units specifically designed for wheelchair users.
Importantly, the homes which will be created will be attractive, easy to live in and maintain.
Work will begin on site in late 2021.