This Grade II listed property dates from the 17th century with early 19th century refacings and later extensions. It is located within the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty where it forms part of a group with other former farm buildings.
The original two storey timber framed building has been refaced with red brick, and there are later extensions on all elevations. Its evolution continues with the consent we have obtained, which will involve the removal of 1950's single storey additions and their replacement with a new oak, brick and glass extension providing open plan family and breakfast areas connecting to a re-configured kitchen as well as a new boot room, utility room and cloakroom.
The acheme was approved swiftly by the local planning authority. Its success lies in its low impact on historic elements and the sympathitic use of materials in a contemporary manner, an approach RPA Architects have refined and mastered in order to deal historic buildings which are sometimes to adapt.